How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Lincoln
Home security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of tools all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these additions help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Lincoln.
How To Set Up Your Lincoln Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is installing them in the proper spots within your house. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good move to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to enter through to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear scene of your patio, drive, front and patio, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that aren’t quite as vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity could reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Component placement is only the foundation for getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Lincoln. The innovations shown below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your mobile device anytime strange motion is detected. You can also program cameras to start recording when motions are discovered which will boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to record and save clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone with the unit. Via your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, provides a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120° wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up footage of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and disregard cars passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely texts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Lincoln is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (402) 277-9887 or complete the form below to start building your security system today.