How Does Geofencing In Lincoln Enhance A Home Security System?
Modern home security installations are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to perform basic security chores like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you never had to concern yourself with these chores ever again? With geofencing in Lincoln, you can simply drive off to work and have your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Lincoln For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter around your property, which you are able to arrange in your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to communicate with each other. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You can institute a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and program the specific actions you want to occur if you move beyond the specified border.
To illustrate, shortly after you exit your property, you may program your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Below are some of the components you may manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Lincoln. When you download the mobile app, you have the ability to make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart components to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Have your lighting switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or program the system for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to arm the security system when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Lincoln
Whether you desire added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (402) 277-9887 or complete the form below to begin customizing your ideal security system.